The Tiaki Promise is an initiative to help all our visitors guard, protect and preserve New Zealand, for now and for future generations. We are all responsible for the care and protection of our beautiful country. Here are some guidelines on how tourism operators can integrate Tiaki into your business.
How to integrate Tiaki into your business messaging
- Download the Tiaki assets from Tourism New Zealand's visual library.
- Determine how you can tie some or all of the five pillars of the Tiaki Promise into your business - e.g. 'Be prepared' if your visitors are likely to be hiking or in the outdoors, 'Drive safely' if you're a rental vehicle company or if your visitors are driving themselves - and incorporate this messaging into every aspect of your business.
- Expose your customers to Tiaki by showing the Tiaki video (it's available in a variety of lengths and languages) on screens at your business and on board vehicles used to transport customers.
- Integrate Tiaki messaging and the video into your booking confirmations or customer briefings.
- Display the Tiaki poster and table talkers in your public spaces and staff areas so your visitors and staff can familiarise themselves with Tiaki.
- Display the Tiaki window decal in your business window.
- Include the static Tiaki artwork in any presentation you have running on TV screens on your business.
- Integrate Tiaki into conversations you have with customers.
- Add the Tiaki logo to your website and include information on how your business is living the Tiaki Promise and what visitors can do to support it.
- Share information about how you're supporting the Tiaki Promise on social media (#Tiakipromise).