Industry Goals 1 & 2
Tourism is delivering prosperity across the New Zealand economy.
Goal 1: $41 billion total annual tourism revenue by 2025
Goal 2: Tourism businesses are experiencing sustainable growth through ongoing profitability, innovation, quality improvement and investment
Industry Goals 3 & 4
New Zealand delivers world leading experiences for both international and domestic visitors.
Goal 3: International and domestic visitors’ experience of New Zealand overwhelmingly meets or exceeds expectations.
Goal 4: Tourism businesses actively engage with their visitors to ensure that the visitor experience is enhanced and adverse impacts are reduced.
Industry Goals 5 & 6
New Zealanders strongly support and reap the benefit from tourism operating in their community.
Goal 5: New Zealanders are happy with the level of tourism activity and support growth.
Goal 6: Tourism businesses are desirable and responsible employers, and leaders in engaging and supporting vibrant communities.
Industry Goals 7 & 8
Tourism is recognised for its contribution to protecting, restoring and enhancing New Zealand’s natural environmental and biodiversity.
Goal 7: Tourism businesses actively support and champion ecological restoration initiatives.
Goal 8: Tourism businesses are measuring, managing and minimising their environmental footprint.
We are inviting all New Zealand tourism businesses to sign up to the 14 Commitment to help us reach the 8 industry Goals by 2025.
1. Sustainable Businesses: Focused on long-term financial performance.
2. Capital Investment: Businesses invest capital to grow, and/or improve quality and productivity.
3. Productivity: Businesses innovative and have effective strategies to mitigate the effects of seasonality.
5. Product and Market Development: Businesses innovate to improve or upgrade their offering to enhance visitor experience.
6. Visitor Engagement: Businesses educate visitors about New Zealand’s cultural and behavioural expectations.
7. Sustainable Employment: Businesses pay a fair wage to all staff.
8. Quality Employment: Businesses support their workforce to flourish and succeed.
9. Community Engagement: Businesses actively engage with the communities in which they operate.
10. Sustainable Supply Chains: Businesses have socially and environmentally sustainable supply chains
11. Ecological Restoration: Businesses contribute to ecological restoration initiatives.
12. Carbon Reduction: Businesses have carbon reduction programmes towards carbon neutrality.
13. Waste Management: Businesses have waste reduction and management programmes.
14. Education: Businesses actively engage with their visitors and communities on the importance of restoring, protecting and enhancing New Zealand’s natural environment.